Legal Information and Referral Forum (LIRF)
The Legal Information Access Centre (LIAC) at the State Library of NSW and Legal Aid NSW are the joint conveners of the Legal Information and Referral Forum (LIRF). The first meeting for 2019 will be held at the State Library on Tuesday 3 September 2019 at 9.30am.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9273 1571.
Terms of Reference
To improve the quality of information and referral for people with legal problems in New South Wales by:
- drawing together and disseminating existing knowledge and experience
- identifying common concerns and potential areas of cooperation
The Forum covers a range of issues identified by participants in relation to effective legal referral. Specific issues which may be addressed include:
- referral competencies
- referral practice and training
- research into client pathways
- improving knowledge of relevant services including databases
- working together more effectively
- pro bono referral
- legal information.