Terms of Reference
To reduce the impact of legal problems associated with fines, licence suspension and disqualification, particularly on young people and Aboriginal people.
The Working Group will work collaboratively to:
- Identify emerging issues with fines and work with stakeholders to address these issues;
- Identify emerging traffic law issues and work with stakeholders to address these issues;
- Monitor the implementation of reforms relevant to traffic law and fines issues, including reforms relating to licensing non-licensed drivers and re-licensing disqualified drivers;
- Promote participation in the Work and Development Orders program with key stakeholders. Identifying barriers to participation in the WDO program and working with stakeholders to address these issues;
- Provide advice on fines, traffic law and licence issues to Government through NLAF.