CSP Terms of Reference
The aim of collaborative service planning is to ensure that legal services are delivered in a coordinated and appropriate way to meet clients’ legal needs. Under the National Partnership Agreement on Legal Assistance Services 2015-20 (“NPA”), NSW is required to undertake collaborative service planning, including meetings with the legal assistance sector, to coordinate and maximise the reach of services and to ensure that services are directed where they are most needed.
Aim of this group:
Establish an agreed framework to progress a more comprehensive approach to collaborative service planning in NSW.
Objectives of the process:
- Develop a governance structure for collaborative service planning.
- Develop priorities and principles for collaborative service planning and delivery.
- Identify core data sets for collaborative service planning and demand forecasting and agree how this data will be shared and managed.
- Develop a process for ongoing collaborative service planning.
The working group will comprise of representatives from:
- Legal Aid NSW
- Community Legal Centres NSW
- Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Ltd
- Law and Justice Foundation of NSW
- Department of Justice
- LawAccess NSW
Term of operation:
12 months (option to then review and refine terms of reference).
Gaby Carney, Director Policy, Planning and Programs, Legal Aid NSW